Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We're still here!

Soooooo...I'm not too good at keeping up with this blog thing (thank you for the reminder, Jenna) so I'm going to try to do better in order to keep more of you in the loop on stuff...

FAMILY NEWS:
  • Steve's sister (Lynn Crover) is in the hospital - Steve's oldest sister is in the hospital in Fort Wayne, IN with some fluid build up on one of her lungs. The docs will do surgery tonight to drain the fluid and find out what's going on in there. Please be praying for her peace of mind, healing and rest. Lynn was one of my bridesmaids, so some of you may have met her at my wedding. She's an amazing person and we've been begging her to move down south for awhile now. Still hoping!!

  • Birth of Nicholas Jeremiah! We have a new nephew - yah! Nicholas was born in Nashville, TN on Friday, May 22nd (two weeks early). Jack and I got to go up for a quick visit when he was 3 weeks and he's absolutely perfect. I can't wait for Uncle Steve to meet him and for me to get my hands on him again. Soon, I hope.

  • Forester: Whitney obviously keeps all the details updated on her blog (thebradburns.blogspot.com) so I don't want to repeat everything she has already reported, but I do want to mention some good news. #1 - Forester passed his first hearing test with a perfect score - woo hoo! #2 - His blood counts were up this past weekend so he was able to attend the fundraiser run in his honor and do the "ready, set, go" at the starting line. #3 - This run (Run Forester Run 10K) was a huge success. Over 100 people showed up and over $4,000 was raised to help cover medical costs, with an additional anonymous donation - so cool. Forester still gets tired and sick from time to time but overall, he's doing better than we would have expected. Keep praying, please!

  • April (Whit's best friend) - Just diagnosed with Lupus today. Please pray for her :( This is a lot to take in and we'll be praying for her overall health. April was also at our wedding. She's been a family friend forever and an amazing support system for Whit. We love you, Ape!


SWANEY NEWS:
  • STEVE: He has two new loves - gardening and golf. Golf has always been fun for him, but he's recently gotten psyched all over again. Obviously, his hobby ain't as cheap as cross stitch but he's getting to the course when he can. The gardening is a new love. He has planted cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, peppers, okra, corn, watermelon, cantaloupe, cilantro....and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. He's having a great time with this and I'm certainly enjoying the fresh goods for dinner. YUMMY!

  • JACK: He's crawling! He made his first move at Aunt Brenda's house with some help from Aunt Parker. It's only been a couple of weeks and he's tripled his speed. You definitely have to keep an eye on him now or he'll find something (Ex. dog biscuit) and put it in his mouth. Hypothetical example, of course :( He's happy to eat anything. Even happier if it comes off of your plate or spoon. Yesterday he started saying DADDY and he really knows what it means. It's melting Steve's heart, of course. I'm still anxiously awaiting the MAMA. Hmph. Jack's 23 lbs and chubbing up all over.

  • KATIE: Not too much to report on my end. I'm enjoying every minute with Jack and trying to get back in shape - the struggle continues. I've just started a new Beth Moore bible study at my mother-in-law's church and I think I'm really going to enjoy that.

  • TRAVEL: We just got back from Charleston last night. Went for the 10K and our neighbor friends, Jeremy and Valerie Benson and their daughter, Kara, went with us. We had a great time. Poor Kara came down with a double ear infection but she was quite the trooper. Good food. Good beer. Good times. I'm heading to Destin Friday morning with some girlfriends for a long weekend. I'm really looking forward to the trip. Mom-in-law ("grandmommie") will keep Jack on Friday, Steve will have him Sat and Sun and Valerie will watch him on Monday. I'm going to miss him SOOOOO MUCH but I know he'll be in good hands, so I won't be worried. This WILL be the first time I've ever spent more than one night without him, though. WAAAAAAAHHH!! I guess it has to happen sometime, huh? I never thought I'd be one of these people - who knew! I just love him so much.

Whew! See - that's a lot. I definitely should update more often so there's not so much to report on in one post. Off to feed the kid and do laundry :)

2 comments:

Nicole and Jared said...

Glad your back!!! We miss you guys...can't wait to be closer next year (hopefully the Coast Guard is good to us)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...thanks for updating!
We need to get Chris and Steve golfing then if he's that into it!

Girl's trip, huh? GOOD FOR YOU! I'm planning one myself with a friend of mine who also has a baby Gaby's age. We're planning on going next month...I actually am looking forward to it, but I know I'll miss Gaby tons!

And Jack is adorable! Crawling is the first step of our real motherhood-ness...the easy days are over!

And on April's lupus diagnosis..no fear.
Chris' mom, Barbara, has had lupus all her life, and she's a perfect example of someone who lives graciously without letting the "disease" define her. There will be days that will be difficult, but the good days will outlast the bad.

I don't know April, but she seems like she's a strong woman. Charge ahead!!