Thursday, August 7, 2008

Accepting the new due date....(sigh)

I don't think doctor's realize how traumatic it is to change the due date in the last month. Since my last ultrasound, we've been working towards a August 21st finish line....apparently that finish line is August 25th. The ultrasound office and the doctor office don't keep the same records, but what really matters is what the doctor has. I don't think they realize how hard it is to accept 4 extra days when you're at this stage in the game....not cool. Sooooooo, the check up was today (37 1/2 weeks) - the midwife said Jack still hasn't dropped - no thinning, no dilation. She said the aches at night (hands, feet, hips, etc) is all related to the increased blood flow and swelling. Her best advice was to take some Benadryl. I wanted to hit her. Until next week...

2 comments:

1 said...

Have they suggested Unisom by chance? My OB let me take that. And I took it every night to deal with miserable hip pain. Maybe look into it. It was a life-saver for me.

No3Puttz said...

Try some fried mac-n-cheese, usually makes me feel better.
Just a thought :)